It’s time to prepare for the Surfside Shootout, Presented by Pelagic. Now in its fourth year, the Shootout takes place from July 28 – July 30, 2016 and will offer cash prizes for the largest Tuna, Wahoo and Dorado.
The Surfside Shootout is open to center console style fishing boats (including walkarounds, cuddys, catamarans, etc.) targeting three species: Tuna, Dorado, and Wahoo. Teams are awarded one point per pound and submit scores for their heaviest single fish per species caught during the tournament. At the end of the two (2) days of fishing, points will be tallied per team. The team that has the most points totaled across all three species will be crowned the winner.
TOURNAMENT CASH AWARDS PAYOUTS:
General Entry payouts will be determined based on number of participating boats. If 25 or more boats are entered, payouts will be to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. If less than 25 boats participate, payouts will be to 1st and 2nd place only. The payouts for the General Entry tournament are:
- If 25 or more boats are entered, 1st place = 65%, 2nd place = 25%, and 3rd place = 10%.
- If less than 25 boats are entered, 1st place = 70% and 2nd place = 30%
TOURNAMENT RULES & INFORMATION:
- General Tournament Entry Fee: $500 per boat and includes general entry for one boat. Teams must pay the general tournament entry fee to be entered into the Tournament.
- Winners are determined by their cumulative points scored across all three species.
- If no teams catch all three species, the winner will be determined by the cumulative point score across two species.
- If no teams catch two species, the winner will be determined by the heaviest fish weighed.
- Teams will score one (1) point per pound for their single heaviest fish weighed in each category. Each fish must weigh a minimum of 10 pounds. No Chicken Dolphin!
- Teams can choose to weigh more than one fish of each species; however, only their heaviest entrant will be scored.
- Gulf Slam Bonus: Teams that weigh an eligible fish of each species (Tuna, Dorado, and Wahoo) will be awarded an additional 100 bonus points.
- Scoring Example:
- Optional Jackpots: $500 per species. Species Jackpots are completely optional, and give teams up to three more chances to win cash by catching the SINGLE HEAVIEST FISH within each of the three species: Tuna, Dorado, and Wahoo.
- Optional Jackpots are winner take all for each species â€“ Optional Jackpots pay 1st place only for each species; there is no second or third place.
- Entry Fee Breakdown:
- General entry = $500 (mandatory)
- Tuna, Dorado, and/or Wahoo Optional Jackpots = $500 each ($1500 total)
- All In (General Entry and all three Optional Jackpots) = $2000
- 90% of General Entry fees and Optional Entry Fees will be paid out. 10% of General Entry fees and Optional Entry Fees will be used to offset tournament expenses.
- General Entry or Optional Jackpot fees paid by credit card will be charged an additional 3% Convenience Fee.
- All fish must be caught on rod and reel by registered teams during tournament hours and weighed in before scales close on Saturday, July 30th.
- No restrictions on tackle, line class, or number of anglers handling the rod. Jungle Rules apply.
- Fish Handling: All fish that appear to have been altered, spoiled, mutilated or frozen will be disqualified from the tournament. Any team submitting a fish that is proven to have been weight-altered or frozen will be immediately disqualified.
- Anglers and crews must comply with all applicable State and Federal laws regarding fishing licenses, permits, size limits, bag limits or any other regulations which may apply.
- In the event of a tie in weight, the first fish weighed wins.
- In the event of a tie in total points, the tie will be broken by the team which reached the total tied points level first (i.e., the team weighing their last fish first wins).
- All rulings and final judgment are based on the discretion of weigh-master and tournament officials. There are no disputes or protests of judge’s rulings â€“ this is a FUN tournament.
Surfside Marina – 827 Gulf Road, Surfside Beach, TX 77541
Phone: (979) 230-9400
Thursday, July 28th, 2016
- Tournament Check-In, Kickoff Party and Captain’s Meeting
Friday July 29th
- Boats can leave port any time after 12:01 AM on Friday July 29th, 2016 and begin fishing immediately.
- Weigh Scales open from 6 AM until 6PM on Friday.
- It is the team’s discretion if they choose to return to port on Friday or not. Teams may choose to fish through the night and return for the final weigh-in on Saturday. This is a “can to can’t” tournament.
- Teams can choose to weigh in on either or both days. However, fish can only be weighed during official weigh in hours.
Saturday, July 30th
- Weigh Scales open from 3PM until 7PM.
- ALL FISH MUST BE WEIGHED IN BY 7PM ON SATURDAY.
- If there is a line up for weigh in the boat must be within sight of the weigh master, and visual contact must be made before 7PM.
- If visual contact is not made with the weigh master before 7PM on Saturday, the fish will not be tournament eligible.
For further questions or to reserve your entry in the Texas Center Console Shootout, please contact Steve Arndt at Surfside Marina. By email: email@example.com, or by phone: (979) 230-9400.