The Texas raised sailors did a great job at the High School Nationals held right here in Galveston Bay. Here is a “shout out” to four local stars and the amazing new facility, Sea Scout Base Galveston, that hosted the races:
- In the Laser Full Rig Division, Max Guerreiro took second place and Ford McCann took third. Awesome! Results: http://scores.hssailing.org/
- In the Laser Radial Division, Charlotte Rose finished third overall (and was the second girl) and Carly Broussard finished 10th(and was the fourth girl). Awesome! Results: http://scores.hssailing.org/
- The championships were held right here in Galveston Bay at the new Sea Scout facility ( http://ssbgalveston.org/). It is an amazing facility and many in our community do not know about it, yet (here is a link to high schools already using it: http://ssbgalveston.org/
- I recommend visiting this 200+ bed facility it and hope that it hosts many more regattas (Link to view facility: http://ssbgalveston.org/
events.php AND http://ssbgalveston.org/ events_contact.php). There were great views for watching the races… from shore! The downwind mark was only 20 yards away from the spectators.
- College Singlehanded Nationals will be there this coming weekend. http://2016singlehanded.